Now that I have some ability to read level files I’ve fixed apple calculations to work for all maps, not just the standard set of maps. I’ve also included a tile/enemy/apple counter on the leaderboard pages for each level.
After a bit of effort figuring out the level file format I’ve been able to add tile data to the replay animator. As of me writing this the colors just correspond to what I believe indicates the shape of the tile (still need to figure it out).
Check out Luffy’s Downhill.
I’ve added some controls to the replay animation all of which work when watching a single replay or multiple replays. The controls allow you to
- Pause/resume the animation
- Increase/decrease the animation speed (pushing the fast forward or rewind buttons multiple times will continue to change the speed).
- Step one frame forwards or backwards
Additionally if you click on the replay animation it will set all of the replays as close as possible to the position you clicked. In theory this could be used to get an idea of what strats work best for a given section of a map. Clicking the reset button will reset all the replays at the start.
While you’re watching a replay you can see the raw data that the animator is pulling from the replay files. The “Active” column indicates that the replay is still in progress; this column is actually currently a bit off as the animator will mark a replay inactive if it has no more desync data even if the replay frame count extends a few more frames. The “Interpolated” column indicates that there is no desync for the given frame and that the animator is using nearby desync data to estimate the position and speed. The “time” column is estimated from the frame counter and may be slightly off due to IGT pausing during a death.
There’s a version of infini difficult that is being passed around that mistakenly has dustblocks replaced with walls. It’s my understanding that this was a mistake made in the initial release of DX and was patched. However, the file that was initially decoded and passed around was still the wrong original. I’ve decoded the updated version which you can download at https://www.dropbox.com/s/clviat1cnp80s7w/infinidifficult_fixed?dl=0.
The performance on the rankings pages have been shaky recently; on several occasions causing serious performance degradation on dustkid which led to the rankings being updated far less; with some long stretches where there were no automated updates running.
I have updated how rankings our calculated and I believe these performance issues should not be a problem going forward. I have currently set rankings to update every hour; I will probably increase this to every half hour assuming the resource usage looks as it currently does. In addition; I’ve made the following updates to the rankings page
- Rankings are generated for the main levels, cmp levels, and backwards levels.
- You can choose what leaderboard type you want to view (e.g. apple, no dash, etc…)
- Custom leaderboards show best apples, dashes, jumps totals when getting S completion (might drop it and just go any%). 32 dashes or jumps are added to your total if you don’t have a record on a given IL.
- Page shows the time that the rankings were last updated
Hi all, added a quick export to livesplits on the race page. At the bottom of the page will be a link to export to livesplits. This will generate a livesplits that contains all of the runs displayed on the current page. You can also load the race page for all of your dustkid recorded runs for a given category by visiting your profile and clicking on the full game run heading.
There might still be some issues with the splits file if some of the runs use different routes (it’s not really clear what dustkid should do in this case). The order of levels is currently defined by the fastest of the selected runs.
- Restarted ranking calculations; apparently I had had this disabled for a couple days. Will monitor dustkid resource usage to make sure this doesn’t become a problem.
- Profile links on the records page preserve your levelset, character set, and leaderboard type choice.
- Fixed links on rankings page to preserve your levelset and character set.
- Set usage histograms to auto update as seen on https://dustkidblog.wordpress.com/2015/08/12/dustforce-and-dustkid-com-stats/