- Level Scripts!
- NG+ works correctly for custom nexuses
- First version of custom level scripts
- Fixed non-virtual dustman being loaded on tutorial replays
- Fixed rare trashcan game crash
- Allowed some visual dustmod triggers to be used on normal maps (z_wind_trigger, z_wind_generator, z_particle_trigger, z_text_prop_trigger)
- Added console toggle (for scripting, primarily)
- Added some padding around entity/prop selection boxes
- Added screen scaling for consistent network play, enabled use of mouse in network play
- Improved performance of custom nexus tome with thousands of levels
Hi everyone! After quite a pause in Dustmod update while I worked on making multiplayer work, I want to start pushing Dustmod updates again that contain the multiplayer logic. Unfortunately due to including engine builds now it would be difficult for me to make the in game updater work so you’ll need to grab an appropriate archive below to install manually (future updates again will work in game).
Pick the archive suitable for your version of Dustforce and copy the contained files into your Dustforce direction (the directory that contains the Dustforce executable). Note that the installation now sits side by side with the existing installation of Dustforce so you can easily switch between vanilla or Dustmod. If you’re playing on Steam you might like to add the Dustmod executable to your game launcher by navigating to “Games” -> to “Add a Non-Steam Game to my Library” and finding the dustmod executable, typically at “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dustforce\dustmod.exe”). Steam will still recognize the game as Dustforce once the game is running.
- Windows Steam [64-bit] (DirectX 9 the same as vanilla Dustforce)
- Windows drmfree [64-bit] (DirectX 9 the same as vanilla Dustforce)
- Windows SDL2 Steam [64-bit] (OpenGL Based)
- Windows SDL2 drmfree [64-bit] (OpenGL Based)
- Windows DirectX 12 Steam [64-bit] (Requires Win10; Experimental)
- Windows DirectX 12 drmfree [64-bit] (Requires Win10; Experimental)
- Linux 64-bit drmfree
- OSX 64-bit drmfree
I’ll work on getting a steam version for linux and osx available soon.
- Added online multiplayer support via rollbacks
- Added multiplayer nexuses now accessible where the multiplayer nexus use to be
- Now sends replays to dustkid proxy without hosts file change
- Added some polish to multiplayer mode
- Support for multiplayer replays
- Determistic menu/world step interleavings
- Removed save/load checkpoint for save/load state in frame advance tools
- Fixed excessive camera shake bug from last update
- Properly track apple count in game for the meme
- Added draw/input frame rate tracker
- NG/NG+ will now properly reset nexus checkpoints
- Performance improvements for those with a lot of custom level times (i.e. the pause when trying to open some doors)
- Added dust projection visualization to help understand what dust gets cleaned by attacks
- A ton of smaller things I don’t remember
Notes On Multiplayer
I’m still working on multiplayer so many things may not work. You’re welcome to try it out but please understand that you may run into technical issues in addition to the lobby system being fairly simplistic.