Note: The download links below always download the latest version of Dustmod whether or not I update this page.
- Fixed internet issue with MacOS build. Added setup instructions for MacOS.
Pick the archive suitable for your version of Dustforce and copy the contained files into your Dustforce direction (the directory that contains the Dustforce executable). Note that the installation now sits side by side with the existing installation of Dustforce so you can easily switch between vanilla or Dustmod. If you’re playing on Steam you might like to add the Dustmod executable to your game launcher by navigating to “Games” -> to “Add a Non-Steam Game to my Library” and finding the dustmod executable, typically at “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dustforce\dustmod.exe”). Steam will still recognize the game as Dustforce once the game is running.
- Windows DirectX 12 Steam [64-bit] (Requires Win10 but has best peformance)
- Windows DirectX 12 drmfree [64-bit] (Requires Win10 but has best peformance)
- Windows Steam [64-bit] (DirectX 9 the same as vanilla Dustforce)
- Windows drmfree [64-bit] (DirectX 9 the same as vanilla Dustforce)
- Windows SDL2 Steam [64-bit] (OpenGL Based)
- Windows SDL2 drmfree [64-bit] (OpenGL Based)
- Linux 64-bit drmfree
- Linux 64-bit Steam
- OSX 64-bit drmfree
- OSX 64-bit Steam
Dustmod on Mac
The easiest way to get Dustmod working on OSX is by extracting Dustmod on top of your existing Dustforce installation (unfrotunately installing alongside vanilla seems to not be working). To do this we’ll need to open up a terminal.
First, we’ll change directories into the Dustforce application. Type the following:
cd "$(find . | grep Dustforce.app$)/Contents"
Ensure this command succeeded. If you type “
pwd” you should get output similar to
Now unzip the contents of the Dustmod archive into the installation folder (replace drmfree with steam as needed):
When prompted enter “A” to replace all existing files. Finally run
chmod +x MacOS/Dustforce
And you should be set! Try starting up Dustforce as you normally would and verify Dustmod has been installed.